Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Icons Messed up Need Help!

• Please log in to reply

Avdallabill

Avdallabill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi look at my desktop icons. Notice the CD next to the icons? Can you guys help me and tell me whats going on with t and if there is any way to fix? This happened right after i changed my start orb but i have done it many times before.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Edited by Avdallabill, 05 February 2011 - 11:55 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Hi look at my desktop icons. Notice the CD next to the icons?

Nope, sorry. Don't see it in your screenshot.

Bugsy

Bugsy

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I see it, thats kinda a weird, try to reset you icon cache, you will need to show hidden files and folders to do this then type this > %username%\AppData\Local

Now locate the Icon Cache File and simply delete it;

Then reboot

or it could have something to do with file associations

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Hmmm... Still don't see the characters "CD" anywhere.

james.williams12321

james.williams12321

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW. Ijinni. Com for any issues Just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. Just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.
There are 4 ways to reach them.
1. Once you open the website just click on the live chat where one of the IJINNI technicians will be in touch with you.

2. If you have Skype installed in your machines just add the contact "ijinni.com" (free call).

3. You can email at [email protected].

4. You can dial at +1 512 879 3546.

For any issue you are facing with the computer just call IJINNI