Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant install ubuntu

• Please log in to reply

proudtexan

proudtexan

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok sometimes i try install the os and get a error message and never installs. other times it goes all way thru to the purple screen and does the steps and reboots pc and goes to a black screen with some script on it. i even download the iso to a cd and reboot the pc and the install from cd dont kick in. Im running 64 bit windows 7. i even tried installing it on different partition of my harddrive no success. i could really use some help here

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
what is the error message?

deep.lad

deep.lad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear pal,

Come up with Your Windows7 64bit and run the ubuntu Cd that u've just made , and By autorun use this one " Install inside windows ' . NOw after a few seconds the Install will complete and you should reboot your computer and push F8 for 2 times and you'll see 'ubuntu' and Windows 7 In your bootlist ,
Now Choose ubuntu to complete your ubuntu OS installation and enjoy that ... :D
I've just done it an hour ago ,
I hope this helps you...

Life is all we can see , so look deeply...

proudtexan

proudtexan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
sorry didnt post sooner than this but i finally got it able to install thru wubi just been busy installing stuff on it etc