Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - something to do with tcpip.sys?

• Please log in to reply

Gooseer

Gooseer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello there!

I'm having some problems with my computer. I keep getting blue screens and all I have time to read is:
*** tcpip.sys - Adress FFFFF8800167EDB6 base at F........

I rared all minidumps and tried to attatch them here aswell but it wouldn't let me =(
Someone know what to do?

Thanks in advance! :D

Advertisements

Gooseer

Gooseer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ah, when I made it a *.zip file I was able to upload it. It contains my last 9 minidumps.

I thought I should include some more information aswell, the computer is put together by me and all parts are brand new except the DVD-ROM and the case.

I can "reproduce" the error by simply looking at Youtube.

Attached Files

Gooseer

Gooseer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Got another crash and this time it was e1q62x64.sys who caused it. Googled a little and and found out that it might be Intels ethernet driver, looked it up and the latest driver was version 16.0 and the installed one was 11. smth. Updated it and now will see what happens...

Hope this is solved now :D

Gooseer

Gooseer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
And it didn't work....

Gooseer

Gooseer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I solved it now, posting here so other members with the same problem can find this solution.

The root to the problem is the motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme and a bad driver to Intel 82583V Gigabit Ethernet controller, you need to update to driver version 11.7.32.1003 and you can't do that directly from Intels webpage since they don't have the driver you need, instead you need to download it from the following link: http://www.interuplo...l_LAN.rar_links

Source: http://vip.asus.com/...page=1&count=75