Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 64bit BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Airclot

Airclot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I recently built a PC:
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
Intel i5 760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
4GB G.Skill RAM
500GB 7200RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Well, I installed Windows 7, and it installed fine and worked fine. I used it for about 3-4 weeks with no problems, although at night I just put it on sleep, not actually shutting it down. Then, one day I had to close the computer for a night. The next morning, I tried turning it on, but I kept getting a BSOD every time. It would show the Motherboard screen, show the Windows 7 loading screen, and then BSOD.

I tried turning on in Safe Mode, and it would BSOD while loading the drivers. So I tried running System Repair, both from the Hard drive and Windows 7 DVD. It would just BSOD while loading the Windows Files. The only thing I can really access is the BIOS, everything else BSODs.

Here is the BSOD:

***STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800329F3FD, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

***USBPORT.SYS - Address FFFFF8800329F3FD base at FFFFF8800328E000, DateStamp 4a56cc07

I even managed to reinstall Windows 7 once somehow. I don't know how, it just worked when I tried Booting from the WIN7 DVD for the 100th time. It worked fine for 1 week, then when I once again shut down the computer, same thing happened.

Any help would be appreciated. If nothing works, I will just have to reinstall Vista, and I really do not want to do that.

Advertisements