Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recovery disk for system image

• Please log in to reply

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi everyone. i used macrium reflect to backup system image of my netbook. pls correct me if im wrong regarding recovery disc. if in times where my netbook will stop working and i need to restore my system image i need use a recovery disc to restore my backup image right?? so how can i have a recovery disc if im using netbook (w/o cd drive). is it possible to use usb drive for recovery disc , if yes how can i do that?. i create system image on my other pc before but it has cd burner and i just burned the iso recovery disc using macrium reflect software. and on using my netbook i tried to put that file to usb drive but it didnt boot from there when i tried to boot it. is it possible to boot from usb drive that i just do it the wrong way or that recovery disc can only use for cd/dvd?? if macrium didnt have that option to boot from usb is there other free system image backup that provides it??
thanks. hope i express myself clear. my english is not that fluent. thanks in advance

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
wrong post, sorry.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 09 February 2011 - 06:12 AM.