Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics card upgrading help

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
absolutely amazing the psu u suggested fit perfectly just like the original 1 did... the psu u suggested to me tho was a wiring nightmare let me tell u lol... it had like 10 diff wires coming out of it like half an inch thick (if not more) each. im surprised i found a place to put them all without touching the MB or any fans. the gfx card was huge. i wasnt sure if it was going to fit... im 6'4 and it was as long as my forearm it is flimsy as some people have said but it works wonders i put the 2 cards side by side and it was like placing me next to a 10 year old in comparison lol. i got past the rivet problem... turns out i just undo the 2 screws and the entire side panel pulls off... i was thinking i had to remove the entire shell. putting the psu in and the gfx card in was ALOT of fun... i liked the challenge of it took me like 2 hours but it worked.

thanks alot for everything. someone give phil a raise or something :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Congratulations on a successful upgrade I am happy that you are pleased with the results :D ;)
Thank you for posting how you carried out the upgrade, it will inspire others to take on this sort of task themselves and so save them some cash :D
Enjoy the forums :D

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
the only thing im seeing bad with this card is that now my sound is weird. before i upgraded the card i went from hdmi to hdmi... (my monitor is my 42inch lcd tv) now im going from hdmi to hdmi again but it changed my sound output in my sound settings heres an example: i play World of Warcraft and my guild uses vent. i was able to set it up where the game sound would come thru my tv speakers and the vent voices would come from my headset. when i first turned on wow after installing the card the sound was coming thru my headset. i managed to get the sound to come thru my tv speakers eventually but then i turned vent on. vent was then coming out of my tv speakers and not my headset. eventually i got my headset to play vent and my tv to play the game. now when someone enters and exits vent or changes channels it comes out thru my tv speakers but when someone talks it comes out thru my headset. i really dont get it. before everything vent related came out thru my headset and everything game related came out thru my tv

i go to sound and under "Playback" i have these 2 options:

AMD HDMI Output
2. AMD High Definition Audio Device Working (currently set as default device)

Speakers
Realtek High Definition Audio Working

im able to set either 1 as the default device

under "Recording" i have these 4 options:

Frontmic
Realtek High Definition Audio Working (has a green check mark on the icon)

Microphone
Realtek High Definition Audio Not plugged in

Line In
Realtex High Definition Audio Not plugged in

Stereo Mix
Realtex High Definition Audio Working

the thing is i cant set microphone or line in to default or enable them but yet i have my headset plugged in. the only one it allows me to play with is Frontmic which is new since this upgrade

thanks