Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intrusion Attack attmep alerts, notified by norton

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dantheman718

dantheman718

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello Mailprog, when I ran the OTL program again and pressed the cleanup button, my system rebooted, and when it rebooted the AVP tool automatically started up, It didn't start scanning, it just loaded up, is that normal? should I just close the AVP tool?

Dan

Advertisements

dantheman718

dantheman718

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hey Mailprog, I am on step 3 of your final instructions, the part about making the back up files. I already completed stept 2, downloadint TFC and rebooting my computer. Unfortunately, I think I was wrong with my earlier statement regarding the boot up speed of my computer ;) , there still appears to be a pause while it's loading that last for about a minute or so, but that waas the case before I started this cleanup process, so I dont think this process had anything to do with it. On the bright side, I have not seen any intrusion attempt messages from Norton anti-virus lately, so it appears that the problem might be fixed :D . I will move on to the last steps, making back up files and regularly updating my software (stepst 3 and 4). Thank you very much for your help.

Dan

PS I intend to donate as soon as my fund get transferred into my alertpay account. I have not forgotten about that my brother. So you will hear from me in the near future. Thank you for all your kind help and your time in helping me fix my computer. If I ever have any new problems in the future I will come here and hopefully I can speak to you about them or someone else that is equally helpfull. Thanks again, have a wonderfull Weekend, and week.

Your friend,

Dan :D

dantheman718

dantheman718

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
oh 1 more thing Mailprog, whenever I reboot my computer the Kaspersky Virus tool automatically opens. Is that normal? is there a way to get it to not open everytime I reboot my computer?

dantheman718

dantheman718

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
or should I just click close and let it uninstall that program?

Dan

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi dantheman718,

Close AVPTool and unistall it. It will ask you to uninstall when you close it. Just confirm uninstallation.

dantheman718

dantheman718

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
OK, I'll do that. thanks Mailprog.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :D

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.