Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IBM Thinkpad

• Please log in to reply

whojob

whojob

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
A friend brought me a IBM Thinkpad with windows 2000 professional on it and it is password locked her dad said the password was Green but we can't get it to work, Is there a way to get around the password?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Sorry - no help can be given on this
This is one of the site rules

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

and additionally to the above a number of your previous posts on this site have NOT been followed through by YOU.
It is always appreciated if when people ask for help, they continue with the matter, or post that the issue has been resolved by them.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 08 February 2011 - 01:55 PM.

whojob

whojob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have not done many post that is true and when the problem has been solved I have thanked the ones that have helped. I understand that you can't help But with this being a very old laptop It was worth a try to help him get back into it as he was wanting the last pictures that were taken of his wife before she died that were on it. Thanks any way I will tell him to take it to the computer store to have them fix it even though it will cost him money he doesn't have.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am sorry, in the circumstances, we cannot help, but hope you will appreciate the reason why.

whojob

whojob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I do understand and thanks anyway