Who here is looking forward to Battlefield 3 ? Do we have any BF2 gamers out there ?
I`m going to try and keep this thread updated with everything related to Battlefield 3, it would be great if other people who are interested in BF3 posts on this thread any interesting information about the game they come across
Battlefield 3 has today been announced for an autumn 2011 release date, pretty exciting news and a bit of an insight into what will be in the game was provided:
* Prone is back.
* 64 Player Multiplayer
* Single-player and co-op campaigns
* Frostbite 2 - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before
* Feel The Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as [bleep] battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS
* Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles
* Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.
Hoping to see some info on squad sizes and server Admin info soon. Dunno about you guys, but this makes me want to get on BF2!
Click here for full announcement
LMITED EDITION (Details Coming Late Feb.)
EA Store £39.99
I'll keep updating this thread with new info/links as I find them.
A leaked advert has unveiled plans for a limited edition of Battlefield 3 that will include a “Back to Karkand” map pack as part of the deal. Players who buy the standard edition of Battlefield 3 will have the opportunity to buy the map pack as DLC after the game’s release.
CVG spotted the ad, which advertises the Karkand map pack, which looks to contain maps and guns from Battlefield 2, remastered for Battlefield 3 and the Frostbite 2 engine. The blurb on the ad says “The themed expansion pack features four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals, completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more.”
The advert also mentions that the map pack will be available to buy separately as DLC one month after Battlefield’s release, which is set for this Autumn. Pricing details for the limited edition will be revealed in late February, and the game is available to pre-order now. For more information on Battlefield 3, check out the official site, or our recent news posts outlining everything we know so far about the sequel.
DICE developers have revealed a few new details on the upcoming Battlefield 3 on Twitter. Lead Designer David Goldfarb has allayed fears that the next Battlefield will be a console port, saying that while the game won’t be exclusive to the PC, the PC version of the game is getting extra attention. More news has emerged on the game’s system specs, too. Battlefield 3 is designed to run with DirectX 11, and won’t run at all on Windows XP.
Edited by chemicalbrother, 09 February 2011 - 01:27 PM.