Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File extensions ".cmp", ".dmc", ".cvs", and &#

• Please log in to reply

heymountain

heymountain

• Pip
  • 7 posts
File extensions ".cmp", ".dmc", ".cvs", and ".sts" (they're pictures) not working (copied from program files)?

When I was a kid I had this camera (Digital Blue, version 1) where you imported your pics into the program, but you had to export them to actually use them. We were using Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

We got a new computer so my dad just copied all of Program Files onto a CD. The camera program didn't use any folders except for Program Files, it didn't leave traces in My Documents or anything like that.

You used to be able to click the thumbnails in the program, but we can't now. It says something about the .AVI or picture file being missing or in use. All the thumbnails are there though, I can see every pic's thumbnails.

In the folder where the pics are kept, ALL the ".cmp" files are 19.5 KB. I think they might be the thumbnails or something? The ".dmc" files are files I created within the thing (which don't work either) but they're all different sizes. Then there's ".avi" files in the document, there are some for the videos I took but not NEARLY all of them.

Then there's a folder within that folder where there are much fewer files, but they range in size more, and they aren't anything that came with the camera because they're taken anywhere from 2001-2006. The ".sts", ".cvs", and ".sts" files are there amongst a few video files, and they're all different sizes.

I know these are supposed to be pictures and stuff because all I have to do is move them into Program Files to see the thumbnails, and they're all titled "Apr36_15.sts", and stuff like that like the video files and the pictures were back when this worked.

I have tried copying all the folders I have from Program Files (which is basically everything) but it doesn't work?? It's annoying to see thumbnails of all those videos me and my friends took as kids but not being able to watch them :D

Edited by heymountain, 09 February 2011 - 02:20 PM.

Advertisements