Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

send error in Outlook 2002 SP3

• Please log in to reply

teclady45

teclady45

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try and send an email from Outlook 2002 SP3 I get an error: Task 'pop.ipower.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B); 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). It was doing this once in awhile, now this morning it seems to be in a loop and the send and receive progress shows 109 of these messages. When I try and send a message it goes up to 25% and then shows the error and unless I hit cancel all it goes into the loop of trying to send.
I am running win xp pro sp3, and Outlook 2002 SP3 Office xp pro 2002. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is an issue with the provider of the email in question. You need to take it up with them.

teclady45

teclady45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
They told me it was an issue with Outlook. Boy now what? thank you!