Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro. SP3. Boot up Problem

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go back into the msconfig startup and uncheck anything that says Bonjour and untick it.
Restart and let us know if you still have the problem.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Received via pm this morning.

Hi, Just wanted to message you to save you time trying to sort out my problem with XP hanging once dektop loads.
I've had a hardware failure this evening where nothing will now boot, not even from my spare back up HDD with duplicate O/S on it.
Now never gets past "boot Manager missing" irrespective of which drive is installed so I'm suspecting a failed MoBo..
That could explain the randomness to the problems we were trying to diagnose.
Thanks for your time and assistence but I think I might need to go shopping on Monday.

Thank you for letting us know. Do the drives work in another system? Though they may not bootup completely since the drivers for the original corrupted system will not be the same for the testing system.

Mychael

Mychael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
The only other systems I have are a laptop and my older G4 imac neither would suit to try the HDD.
I'll just PM you once I get something happening again as this thread will roll off the page and get lost.

Thanks for the help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No worry as we don't close topics here when they are finished or not. Just shoot me a pm and we can pick up where we ended. :D

Mychael

Mychael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Problem solved. Sort of, a replacement MoBo has cured 95% of the issues and at this point in time I'm just putting the continuing niggles down to correctly setting up the new hardware.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that most of the issue has been resolved.
I will continue to monitor this topic in case you have other issues with the system now.

Mychael

Mychael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Thanks. :D