Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer locks up every time I access anything internet related(Both f

• Please log in to reply

durns59

durns59

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My browsers were working just fine this morning but when I returned home eight hours later nothing seemed to work. Every other program seems to work fine, even internet based IM programs and Skype. The issue only arises once I open a browser window in IE or Firefox. I've run a gamut of fixes and nothing seems to work. So far I've done a system restore, cleared the cache and all other temporary files, uninstalled any sketchy P2P content, and run all anti-virus/malware software I have. It will even freeze when I turn my WLAN switch off. It seems as though the browser itself is the issue. I'm completely lost as to what to do and I'd really appreciate any useful input from someone who actually understands how this stuff works.

Advertisements