Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLACK SCREEN - HELP!1

• Please log in to reply

pdl2

pdl2

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
daughter's computer just went black and it seems the fan is running on overdrive. she got a notice from hp for an update and she ran it and computer froze and and screen went black. how can we power it down????

windows 7

pdl2

Advertisements

pdl2

pdl2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I know now the obvious answer is to remove the battery. sorry for the post, not familiar with laptops. I called hp support & while the rep did help me, she was very insistent on me purchasing another year of warranty. knowing when my warranty expires, i asked her to tell me when it did several times and she basically refused to answer me. just curious if this is their standard procedures?

so my problem is solved for now. im not 100% sure what happened though she mentioned static electricity and that we should always use ac power when we can instead of the battery. updated the bios and she had me remove and replace the hard drive

thanks
pdl2