Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to turn off the router/modem ?

• Please log in to reply

SpazaM

SpazaM

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Someone know if there is a way , with Wi-Fi , or from the PC that connect to router :
to turn off the router ? that he cant produce pollution ?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, routers use almost next to no electricity at all.
By turning them off you'd save, well, practically nothing, really. They're intended to be left on all the time. The carbon footprint is so small as to be unnoticeable.

SpazaM

SpazaM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
man , i saw many articles and the pollution the router are producing can be compared to 10 phones .
i want to shut down the router every time i close my comp , i dont need "10 phones" right in front of my head.
soo i ask you if there is a way to turn off the router that he wont work and wont produce pollution .
there is a way ?

(soory for my english , not from u.s)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Believe you me, powering off your router isn't going to save the planet. It's all the other wireless signals around you need to worry about (TV, satellite, mobile telephones, other wireless routers in neighbouring houses, cordless telephones, etc). The major ones (TV, satellite and mobile) are copious times more powerful than your home router.

If you really must, just unplug the router when you're not using it. That's all there is to it.