Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resetting Netgear WNV200v2 router to factory default after having chan

• Please log in to reply

DarthTivo

DarthTivo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My apologies if someone has asked this question before. I did look back a few pages and saw nothing.

In my zeal to lock down my network, as I live in an apartment situation, I changed my default admin and password to something I was sure I'd remember. To be doubly Sure I wrote this info down and put in in , what I had thought, would be a safe place.

Well, I've slept since then, and the info got accidentally thrown out. So I tried hitting the reset button on the back of the router to set it to factory defaults, to no avail. Now the router is working just fine. The problem is, if I need to get into the router, I can't.

Is there another way to reset the admin and password on a Netgear WNR 2000 v2 router other than the magical, mystical reset button?
Thanks !

and if you have answered this question somewhere please feel free to link me to it. I just couldn't find it for myself.

Edit: Ugh it really is a WNR 2000 v2 router. My apologies for the typo!

Edited by DarthTivo, 14 February 2011 - 04:51 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you have to log on to the router with the stock password and set a new password while logged onto the router...there is no other way