Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a Comp but have existing parts.

• Please log in to reply

Woofy

Woofy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I wan't to build a computer, but I am not really sure how to go about it. as I have never done anything like this before. this is going to be a bit of a challenge because I have a small budget. I do however have parts I got from my brothers. I have several network cards, 4 motherboards, a small tower, lots of ram, and a Coolmax V-500 Series 500W 120mm ATX Power Supply. the power supply is new but the other parts are old. I am not sure if they work but if not how would I test them to find out? I have been looking at lots of sites and from what I can tell if you are not trying to build a gaming computer then you the cost is lower. is this true?

I don't really wan't a powerhouse I am just after something simply that can brows the web and use canvas and Photoshop. any advise would be a great help to me. like I said I don't know much about computers but I wan't to learn.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Are you saying that you have an existing computer and you want to upgrade, or that you have a "box o'parts" that you want to try and use to build a new one?

Without knowing the brand and model number of everything you have, it's impossible for us to help you. If you can post up all the specs, I can tell you what will work together and what you can send to the trash can. :D