Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Comment to Make Page Work in IE7

• Please log in to reply

underling9

underling9

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,

I recently created a website and it looks fine except for in Internet Explorer 7. The CSS float does not work properly in IE7 - see pic.

The website in question is: http://platypusart.c..._clockwork.html

Does anyone know how I can fix this so it looks right in IE7? I do not have IE7 on the computer I will be working on as it is a Mac. Would this be something I can do in CSS and if so how?

Thank You! :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Website-in-IE7.jpg

Advertisements

MS-Free

MS-Free

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
IE7 CSS Hacks - Check that out. Plenty of other sites on Tweaking CSS to play nice with IE7 - Google will be you're best friend on this.

underling9

underling9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks, I will check that out! :D

underling9

underling9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It sounds like I need to create a new CSS file for IE7. How can I fix the float bug for IE7 without having IE7 on my computer and being able to see what it looks like?

Also, I imagine that I will need to copy the old CSS info into the new CSS document but just change certain things about the float - is this correct?

underling9

underling9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ha Ha, love your Microsoft quote! So true. :D