Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files missing or corrupted, XP won't bootup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sturgeongeneral

sturgeongeneral

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a Compaq Presario #5410US. I use to be able to enter the bios by pushing F8 or F10. I tried to use "The Last Known Good Configuration Setting," but was told files were missing or corrupted needed for XP Professional to startup. I tried using the original XP Professional installation CD disk to retrieve the missing or corrupted files.I tried repairing by pushing the "R" button on my keyboard.Now my computer won't let me enter my bios by pushing F8 or F10 at startup.When I turn on the computer it doesn't beep or anything.The harddrive will turn on and vibrate like it is working,if I put a CD in my CDROM the green LED will come on and blink a few times and then shut down to a black screen.Iv'e tried to download the user manual on another working computer I own without any success.How do I proceed or what should I do?Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated,"The Sturgeon General."

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Please do NOT start more than ONE thread on the same problem.

You posted this one yesterday.

On the 12 February you started this one
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

to which you have NOT replied to the last post.

AND you have also started another one, which is clearly on the same problem.
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Macboatmaster, 15 February 2011 - 07:38 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Topic closed for duplication.