Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Webcam problem

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I have this webcam, not sure of the manufacturer, or anything like that.. I dont have the installation cd any longer.. was hoping someone could help me find the driver for it... that is compatible with Windows XP Home... the only thing I found was this...
http://english.crs.c...nc=detail&id=27

And the drivers there don't even work, the picture there is exactly like the camera I have, yet I can't find a driver for it...

I run windows xp home edition. inside the camera I found the following text.

RD1027
PC-10C
REV:B

Thats all I could gather..

Someone please help me fix this..

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you tried plugging the webcam in and see if Windows will detect it during bootup? Don't know if XP will have a generic driver for the web cam. You may have to go to Control Panel Install New Hardware utility provided by Win XP to get this to work.

I don't use XP so can't provide exact steps for you. I use Win ME and have had no problems. It has actually surprised me the number of problems that Win XP has generated.

I would have thought a generic driver would have worked. Noticed you left a comment on the page where you found the camera.

Do you have a scanner or photo app install cd that might have a way to detect the web cam? Mine did and I didn't need to use the cd for the camera itself. Just an idea.

You might try to use another webcam driver to see if it will work. Possibly LogiTech's QuickCam driver might work. Or try searching at DriverGuide.com.

Ron

Purgatory

Purgatory

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I've tried rebooting with it plugged in, still no luck
Under the deivce manager it reads as USB Camera, with the yellow "?" next to it, I haven't tried the hardware utility under control panel though.. not sure if it will work.. if you or anyone else has any more information regarding, helping me getting this thing to work, please let me know.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try the hardware utility first and if it doesn't work, maybe I can e-mail you the driver I use for my Webcam as an attachment. PM with e-mail address should you want to go that route. Will use the online e-mail service that I have bookmarked for sending large attachments :

YouSendIt.com

Ron

oren_a

oren_a

• Pip
  • 1 posts
have the same camera This are the drivers.
http://rapidshare.co...REVBCIF6029.rar

P.S
I know the topic is old, But when I searched for this drivers myself (and did not found them online) I visited this forum , So Now after finding the drivers I leave this here so other people that will get here from google will find the drivers

Edited by oren_a, 28 March 2010 - 03:29 PM.