Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOOTMGR is missing

• Please log in to reply

xrafboyx

xrafboyx

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi & thanks in advance for your help7

not to sure what topic i should be posting this in.

My Son has a ZOOSTORM FREEDOM NETBOOK when you try to load the comp up it says BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

which i do but then get the same message over and again,

His netbook dosn't have a cd-drive so im unable to use that but I do have a usb and a working laptop that I can use to transfer anythin you might suggest thanks Cherie

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
You usually would use the XP cd to boot and go into the recovery console to rebuild the BOOTMGR by using the command line FIXBOOT

here is a link on how to create a bootable USB device
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/windowsxpusb

If that works and you are able to boot from it then at the first screen select R to repair, select your operating system that you want to repair (if only one choose 1 and press enter) you then need to enter the "fixboot" command, then if prompted for confirmation type in Y and press enter.

Once finish reboot and hopefully your BOOTMGR should be ok and you will be able to boot into windows.

Hope that helps

xrafboyx

xrafboyx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks but i forgot to mention he's on windows 7 home starter pack, is it sill ok to go thru thr xp link you have provided ??
:D thanks again

Ive since tried this method & it all looked good untill the countdown to start ended then i got this message

starting cmain()...... no pxe stack
filesystem type is iso9660, using whole disk

load segment: 0x0 system type: 0x0 sector count: 0x8
load rba: 0x12e boot type: 0 = no emulation

press any key to boot from cd or dvd
bootmgr is mising
press ctrl+alt+del to restart

Edited by xrafboyx, 20 February 2011 - 03:10 PM.