Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No BOOT after Vista SP1 Update

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
From the instructions you have quoted
6. Now type C: and press enter to change the Command Line.

The reason you must then go to a C prompt, is that X is the recovery partition if you are working from command prompt on F8 on the link I sent or the DVD if you are working from the Vista install.

When the advisor from Microsoft sent you his advice he does NOT mean the disc from the link you sent, he means the Microsoft Vista installation disc , as he then continues to talk about - if the Windows Vista was pre-installed. etc.

My last post to you, before this was absolutely nothing to do with how you may recover the system it was in answer to your question about recovering your data.

It is NOT practical/advisble or helpful to anyone to work on two sites at the same time in an attempt to solve a problem.

I suggest you stay with the Microsoft one from where you are actively receiving advice and then IF IT IS NOT SOLVED, you may after recovering your data using Puppy, then come back here.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 22 February 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Advertisements

giovi69

giovi69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok mate!!

Thanks for your advice.

The only thing I still didn't understand is why I cannot save the .reg file on the Desktop (Step 13): after all I've just followed the Microsoft Advisor step by step guide.

But what if I used the VISTA RECOVERY DISK DVD downloaded from here:

http://neosmart.net/...-disc-download/

Ok, I'll now try to recover my files using your tool.

Talk to you soon.