Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound too fast in part of an application usin microphone

• Please log in to reply

Davor

Davor

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello experts, maybe someone can help me with this one.

I am using an application called Rosetta Stone (a language learning interactive program). It contains an application and a language file disk. In this language disk there are mp3 files with voice of a native speaker.
The application has several different ways of learning in each session, That includes listening, recognizing pictures writing and pronouncing. Everything works just fine, except for the part with pronunciation practice, where native speaker speaks way too fast. Same mp3 files are used in all other functional part of the program, so I assume it has something to do that this part of the lesson is the only one that includes using a microphone.
I have used this program before, and had no such problems. Meanwhile there has been some changes to my system, however, I don't have a sound issue anywhere else but in this particular part of this particular program.
I am running xp-pro SP3 on Dell inspiron 2500 with Intel Pentium III , 697 MHZ,512 Mb RAM, sound card integrated Intel® 82801BA/BAM AC '97 Audio Controller.
Would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Davor

Edited by Davor, 19 February 2011 - 06:25 PM.

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
As this is a very specific problem, you may be best off contacting the authors of the program regarding this. It sounds more like a bug in the program itself than anything else.

Some questions which may help you:
-Is there a setting somewhere for the native speakers speed?
-Do the mp3 files play differently with other "music players" (iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc)?

One final note:
If you are serious about learning a language, I recommend hiring a tutor. While I don't have any experience with the program, I do know that working one on one with someone makes the learning process much more flexible.