Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Verical Dots All over the Screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Redgerasimos

Redgerasimos

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I was playing World of Warcraft while i had a PC Froze. Restarted went back then again the same. Restarted and had vertical Dots all over the screen and Resolution locked at lowest + color at 4bit. Tried format and reinstall drivers. Nothing happened. Went to Control Panel and show a (!) at the Graphic Card section.(1.jpg) Opened the PC case removed Graphic Card, blow the pins to remove the dust and insert it back. PC was fine but after some minutes PC froze and problem returned.

Extra information:

- PC was 3 years and 4 months old (Never Changed Hardware)

- Had been for service 2 times. 1st For Failed cable of the DvD/CD Reader and 2nd for Proccesor cooling and dust removing that was the cause of High temperatures therefore restarts of the PC.

- PC Specs: Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ , 4GB RAM , Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 2.67GHz

- 1.JPG is the (!) at the control panel on the Graphic Card

- 2.JPG is an Alt Print Screen of the Screen

- 3.JPG is 1 of the 4 metal parts that went of from the Graphic Card because glue failed probably of the heat?

What i would like to know from you:

- Can i do anything to fix My Graphic card? If it is the problem.
- Is there anything else i can try? Maybe something else causing it?
- If i need to buy a new Graphic Card can you give me some tips to make my PC last longer without problems.

Thanks in advance for all the help you have gave me and will give me.
Sorry for my English.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do not duplicate your topic. This topic is closed.