Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet disconnecting frequently

• Please log in to reply

Reinforce

Reinforce

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Ladies and gentlemen,

My internet, weither it be online gaming or just browsing, keeps disconnecting on me on a random time table of 15 mins. This problem started yesterday and the odd thing is that there are a few other people using the same modem and connection don't seem to be having any problems.
My modem is a davolink 2020 and i am using Windows XP and i am hardwired to the modem.

I have tried everything i can think like reseting the modem, reseting my computer, direct connection to the modem instead of using a switch, scanned for virusses and malware (did find some malware but it should be removed), tried updating my driver of my network adapter but after a restart the network connection disappeared completely so i did a rollback, i tried to ipconfig/flushdns and i didnt make any changes when it started happening.
I did however have bad ping for a longer period of time and some random disconnectings during online gaming but i figured that was just because someone was downloading or torrenting at the times.

In short i am completely out of ideas on how to fix this since other people on the same connection are not having any problems.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Do tell if any more info is required.

Advertisements

etaf

etaf

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
this is quite an old post - have you resolved the issue