Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe problems on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

chinex9a

chinex9a

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So not to long ago about 2-3weeks ago i had to reset my laptop to factory setting (i.e i used the image from the first day I got my laptop) so that my need for speed hot pursuit game could work and it finally did. During the time my NFS game wasn't working I had preordered Test Drive Unlimited 2. And today this game made my explorer.exe to stop working. As i was playing the game I alt+tabbed to open skype so I could talk to someone and then my laptop just froze for the first time since i reinstalled windows and while it was still frozen i decided to put my laptop to sleep by closing the lid and after about 20 secs i opened it and my logon screen was frozen it didn't allow me to tyle in my password so I held the power button to turn it off. When i booted it up again and put my password at the logon screen it was slow in displaying each letter in the box and after pressing the enter button the welcome screen was on for about 2 mins so i had to turn it off again and use my windows 7 CD to use start up repair bit that didn't detect any problem. I also tried system restore to 3 days ago but that just had an error at the end of the process several times. I manage to back up little of my files by going to system restore using image and moving some files one at a time. Then at the same time thinking that well explorer.exe is corrupt lemme just delete it and see if the startup fix would recognise the changd and try and fix it, that didn't work so i search the internet lookin fir solutions and i came around: using command prompt and typing sfc/scannow to scan for missing/corrupted files and replacing them, but it just kept saying i needed to restart because I had done startup repairs; I did what it told me several times but it kept sayinv the same thing (i.e the sfc/scannow command prompt); this kept me wondering if the startup repair is the same as the sfc/scannow command prompt. I also tried using safe mode to open windows previously but it said that something about an explorer.exe application error 0xc0000006. The only program I have been able to open is google chrome using task manager; after a total of 20 mins to get pass windows welcome page, start task manager and opening google chromre.

I really need help with the situation. Thankz in advance and sorry for the long explanation. :D

ASUS G73JH
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i7 @ 2.8Ghz
6GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

Edited by chinex9a, 20 February 2011 - 08:48 PM.

Advertisements