Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

security/firewall blocking ports

• Please log in to reply

SBrown

SBrown

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you for reading this.

I normally would wait on the people form where I bought the program to get back to me, but I have to have this test done and finished by tomorrow so that I can go to work.. if not I don't know when my next chance to work will be.. The program I am having problems with is a test taking program, I paid for it and have it installed correctly it comes up to a log in screen that asks for my login and password. Upon entering them correctly and pressing connect, I instantly receive an alert that my login does not exist. According to the help on there website it says;

" The course communicates over the internet to our license servers on ports in the 562xx range and some security/firewall software my block these ports. If you attempt to login and instanty (less then 1 second) receive an alert that your login does not exist, then you know that required communication with our license server is being blocked."

I have went through and allowed the ports in question on everything I could find firewall/security wise and I went through and bypassed my router by wiring my laptop to the modem. This not working I went through and uninstall ed said programs and disabled what I couldn't uninstall. This did not help either.

None of this has worked and I am getting worried that I will not get my job because of this. The website's people for dealing with these things are off for the day.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
SBrown,

Have you tried just disabling your firewall/security software entirely just to see if it is indeed the firewall/security software causing problems?