Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin USB adapter

• Please log in to reply

redcrypt

redcrypt

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I did a complete wipe of my old computer. I had no drivers but everything works just fine. My mouse is in a USB slot, my thumb drive works on USB but when I plug in my Belkin wirless USB adapter it does not work. I installed the software then it said you can now plug in the adapter. I plug it in and it says new hardware found. It asks where I want to install from but then says can not connect to internet even if I am plugged in directly to the modem and surfing the net. The phrase you can now plug in your USB adapter also stays up. If I click to install from CD it says no files there to support it. I have seen a yellow ? under device manager for Belkin unit, but am not sure if this is a motherboard driver issue or the belkin driver issue. I am running XP HOME.
Any suggestions?
Let me know if you need more info on the specs or anything.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

I have seen a yellow ? under device manager for Belkin unit, but am not sure if this is a motherboard driver issue or the belkin driver issue

Try right clicking on the Belkin Device and then selecting " Update Driver Software " it is possible that there is an updated driver available and if so it should resolve the issue, hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
tried that and it said no connection to internet or something. Im not getting that error anymore so I cant retry it but it would not update when I tried. acts like Im not connected to the internet even though I am, just not through the USB adapter

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok I figured it out. I feel kinda stupid but I forgot I had 2 of the identical looking Belkin G USB adapters. I tried to install the wrong cd with the adapter. Once I found I had another adapter I plugged it in and it worked. Then I found a different disc and now they both work. So it was the Belkin driver that was bad.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting back :D
Sometimes the answer is staring us in the face but often gets overlooked :D