No problem - keeps me out of the pub whilst the wife cooks dinner
Thank you for giving up your Sunday to help me out here, I really do appreciate it.
I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems
Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.
We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application.
- Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 24.
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
- Click on Continue.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u24-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u24-windows-i586-p.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")
To manually create a new Restore Point
- Go to Control Panel and select System
- Select System
- On the left select System Protection and accept the warning if you get one
- Select System Protection Tab
- Select Create at the bottom
- Type in a name i.e. Clean
- Select Create
Now we can purge the infected ones
- GoStart > All programs > Accessories > system tools page
- Select Performance Information and Tools
- Right click Disc cleanup an select run as administrator
- Select Your main drive and accept the warning if you get one
- For a few moments the system will make some calculations
- Select the More Options tab
- In the System Restore and Shadow Backups select Clean up
- Select Delete on the pop up
- Select OK
- Select Delete
Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
For the first run I would recommend a boot defrag and disk check
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:
Malwarebytes. Update and run weekly to keep your system clean
Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.
To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?