Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System recovery cycle of death

• Please log in to reply

saxman666666

saxman666666

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
So, I need some serious help. My cousin told me that re-installing windows every year or so is healthy for the system. So, I gave it a try. I don't know what cd I put in but it was the wrong one. After the install my computer re-booted and hasn't opened to windows since. Every time that I start up the computer it goes from Bios to windows boot manager, which I click windows 7, to startup repair. After it's done with it's little scan it says, "startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically". then I can go into some advanced options. Honestly I would like to just wipe the hard drive and re-install from the cd but I don't know how at this point. When I put the cd in it changes nothing. There are not options to re-install or run the cd. Please help.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
"which I click windows 7, to startup repair"

This forum is for Windows XP, Windows 2000, 2003 & NT. Not Windows 7.
To avoid any confusion, please confirm which version of Windows you are trying to repair.