Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPhone 5?

• Please log in to reply

LilDude772

LilDude772

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Anyone know anything about the rumors going around about a new iPhone 5, said to be released in the summer?

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I tend to stay away from the rumors and just wait until the keynote from Apple. Although I have read a lot about the possibility of NFC incorporation. They are also speculating that there will only be one iPhone for both US carriers. Currently you have two different models, one with the CDMA chip and one with the GSM chip. There was also talk awhile back about a touch sensitive back to the phone, but I'm not sure what good that would do. Apple acquired a patent for additional gestures along with some type of patent on a touch sensitive back.

The only thing I want for is the use of LiquidMetal in the construction of the iPhone. I bought a bunch of their stock right before Apple acquired the intellectual property rights for the exploitation of their technology for use in consumer electronics. If they actually use the technology, the stock will skyrocket. :D

It's a .PK stock right now and I was able to get it for pennies a share, but it's worth the risk for the small investment I made. Anyway, enough on the stock sidetrack. :D

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 24 February 2011 - 08:20 AM.

LilDude772

LilDude772

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I tend to stay away from the rumors and just wait until the keynote from Apple. Although I have read a lot about the possibility of NFC incorporation. They are also speculating that there will only be one iPhone for both US carriers. Currently you have two different models, one with the CDMA chip and one with the GSM chip. There was also talk awhile back about a touch sensitive back to the phone, but I'm not sure what good that would do. Apple acquired a patent for additional gestures along with some type of patent on a touch sensitive back.

The only thing I want for is the use of LiquidMetal in the construction of the iPhone. I bought a bunch of their stock right before Apple acquired the intellectual property rights for the exploitation of their technology for use in consumer electronics. If they actually use the technology, the stock will skyrocket. ;)

It's a .PK stock right now and I was able to get it for pennies a share, but it's worth the risk for the small investment I made. Anyway, enough on the stock sidetrack. :D

@ the last part: :D PS: don't do math. Never have (ok maybe once or twice) never will. :D

heh. With what you were saying, what good would a Touch-sensitive back do? Are they planning on making the thing something like what Pranav Minstry is working on, I mean..what the heck? Surely they could think of another idea..

Edited by LilDude772, 24 February 2011 - 03:41 PM.