Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

setup.exe doesn't start

• Please log in to reply

Ntiruyogwa

Ntiruyogwa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so I have a few games and other applications I've been wanting to install.
There's no problem when i install the newer ones,
but the setup.exe from the games and apps from around 1999 to 2005 just won't start.
When I click on setup.exe the circle (the one showing something's running) shows up for a while and then dissappears and nothing happens.
This has happened everytime I've tried installing something for an older operating system.
What do i do?

Ps: I'm using Windows 7 home edition.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What are these games and applications of which you speak? Win 7 32-bit or 64-bit?
The most likely explanation is that they're not Windows 7 compatible.

Ntiruyogwa

Ntiruyogwa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Colobot and hype: the time quest, but I've succesfully installed the older (dos)games on my old computer
And it's 64bit.
Yes that's probably it, though I've seen other windows 7 users install it without compability issues.
But I'm going to use my older computer.

Thanks anyways