Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Messages in Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

cajun62234

cajun62234

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just got a new custom computer; it came with Win7 Pro but Igot so frustrated with Win7, I told the builder to replace it with XP Pro....[I wanted Outlook Express, removal of Deleted emails on exiting, Read Receipts; and the simplicity of which I've been accustomed to all these [20] years :D .... I did keep Office 2010]

Everything works great, EXCEPT when I begin/create a New Mail. The blank email displays in a vertical format; about 4" wide and about 3/4 the height of the screen. I don't know how to get it to save in a 'full-screen' view upon opening?? I've tried setting it in full view, doing a 'save', and closing out with the 'red X'. nothing seems to save it....

Yes, I click on 'maximize' and all is well, but I'd like it to open in 'maximize'

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance....please email me if you wish.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi cajun62234,

Welcome to Geekstogo! :D

Try minimizing the Window then placing your mouse on the edges of the Window to drag it to the size you'd like for it to open in.

Let me know if that helps.

Donna :D

cajun62234

cajun62234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Fantastic.... it worked!!

Thank you very much!! :D

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality