Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop power light doesn't show and doesn't turn on

• Please log in to reply

Hexzar

Hexzar

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Ok i have a Acer 7530 Laptop.

A few days ago, my laptop stopped turning on. Everytime i plugged the adapter in, the battery light won't come on. The strange thing was, the green light on the "adapter" came on, but the battery light didn't come on.

So I got a new battery and I have the same problem.

What could be the issue??? If there was a problem with the adapter, then why is the adapter green light comming on...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts

The strange thing was, the green light on the "adapter" came on, but the battery light didn't come on.

The adapter or the power jack at the rear of the laptop may be faulty, a common fault with laptops is the power jack coming away from the MB which prevents the battery from charging, do you know of anyone with the same laptop who could charge your battery, does anything change if you remove the battery and power the laptop direct from the AC adapter.
One thing you can try is remove the battery and the AC adapter, remove the Ram stick/s, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds then release it, replace the Ram, replace the battery and AC adapter and try powering up.

If there was a problem with the adapter, then why is the adapter green light comming on...

Sometimes a build up of static charge in the system can prevent the computer from booting up but the lack of power
light suggests a problem from the AC adapter to the power jack at the rear of the laptop.

Hexzar

Hexzar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I purchased a new adapter and that worked... This problem is strange =/

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting back it may help others in the future.
Yours is proof if it is needed that new components cannot be discounted as the cause of issues.