Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Premium Home

• Please log in to reply

Pat_54

Pat_54

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Hi
I'm trying to help friend with their computer. They were working in Vista Prem Home and after installing Vista sp1 computer won't boot normally. Have tried booting in safe mode but no good. They really don't want me to reinstall Vista and they would lose everything but this is beyond my knowledge. There has to be a way to get computer back the way it was before the install I just don't know how. When powering on computer boots and gives you two options repair windows or start windows normally. After running startup repair it brings up microsoft windows box that says cannot repair this computer automatically theres a problem details drop down and this it what it says:
problem event name startup repair v2
problem signature 1 external media
problem signature 2 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
problem signature 3 6
problem 4 524296
problem 5 corrupt volume
problem 6 bad driver
problem 7 0
problem 8 3
problem 9 wrp repair
problem 10 10
os version 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
locale id: 1033

when I clicked finished computer shuts off. when I power back up same thing keep happening. If I click on starts windows normally it flashes screen then goes back to rebooting again. Can you please give me some direction here any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements