Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with sound in videos.

• Please log in to reply

Mychael

Mychael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Done. Msg. Was "Windows did not find any integrity resource errors."

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK this is sounding more like a sound card issue.
It works fine with playing music but the sound quality in a movie is just stressing the card to much.
What motherboard do you have or brand name make and model again? I want to check something out about the connections.

Mychael

Mychael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

OK this is sounding more like a sound card issue.
It works fine with playing music but the sound quality in a movie is just stressing the card to much.
What motherboard do you have or brand name make and model again? I want to check something out about the connections.

GIGABYTE H67A-UD3H. Last Mobo was also GB but cannot recall model now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK first go HERE click on the right OS in the drop down menu and check to see if there are new drivers for the soundcard on that board.
According to what I see for Win7 32 bit there are drivers that were just released last month for the sound card.

Mychael

Mychael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

OK first go HERE click on the right OS in the drop down menu and check to see if there are new drivers for the soundcard on that board.
According to what I see for Win7 32 bit there are drivers that were just released last month for the sound card.

THANK YOU. Seems to have worked. What I think has happened (as I'd already updated the driver or tried to) from the same site you directed me to, was that Win7 was too fast last time or I was not watching and Windows searched and re-installed it's own drivers again and I assumed, wrongly it seems, that it had installed the new ones I'd saved. This time I caught it trying to do the same thing again and stopped it then installed the drivers you directed me to. So far so good THANK YOU. It was doing my head in trying to work it out.

I assume now I'll need to hop back into XP and repeat the process?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I assume now I'll need to hop back into XP and repeat the process?

Yep jsut go back to the same site and change the OS to Xp and see if the newer driver is there.