Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A challenge for the XP experts

• Please log in to reply

Peterdixon

Peterdixon

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey everyone

My PC at work has an annoying niggle which I can't solve no matter what I try.

Whenever I print a document (From any program, Word, Excel, Firefox, Adobe, Firefox etc) the print spooler takes up 100% of the CPU usage meaning the machine slows right down.

I now have the Services window as a quick launch item on the menu bar so I can restart the Print Spooler after each print which solves the problem and it returns to normal usage.

I have tried a couple of things a while ago, but I cant quite remember what so it might be best to start from the beginning in terms of problem solving :D

Its been like this for a while now so I'm used to restarting the Spoolsv.exe process after each print, its just if someone else uses my computer and they dont know, it can get frustrating for them.

Any help will be great!

Computer info:
Posted Image

Thanks in advance :D

Advertisements