Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unsupport Wirless card (DV2910US)

• Please log in to reply

roadran

roadran

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Can someone help me I've been looking around for an answer but in my case this is an odd situation. I tried removing the LAN card and it still gives me the error. Also the weird thing is I never touched the wireless card before the error came up. I just rebooted my computer than bam the error pops up. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

I tried removing the LAN card and it still gives me the error

Does this mean physically removing the card, if yes go into Device Manager &
Right Click on the device and then uninstall it (if it is listed) next go into
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs or whatever it is called in W7 and uninstall
the drivers/software for the device, this should get it sorted but let us know
how it goes.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I can't boot the computer, It won't let me do anything.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Can someone help me I've been looking around for an answer but in my case this is an odd situation. I tried removing the LAN card and it still gives me the error. Also the weird thing is I never touched the wireless card before the error came up. I just rebooted my computer than bam the error pops up. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry Im a bit confused by your OP and your last post;

I can't boot the computer, It won't let me do anything

This is not mentioned in the OP, has it happened since?
When you say error do you mean you cannot boot or that you have previously had an on screen error message?
This information may help to determine whether the issue is software or hardware related.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
When I boot my computer it goes pass the splash screen then this Posted Image (For me 105 not 104). After than I can't go pass that screen, I am stuck there.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Ok, that is helpful, when the computer is attempting to POST (Power On Self Test) it is encountering an issue when it gets to the unsupported network card and the process is halted, at least you know what is causing it rather than trying to diagnose the whole system, 3 things you can try to hopefully resolve the boot up issue at least, in order of ease are; 1st, Shut down the system and turn off the wireless switch on the computer (if it is a laptop) 2nd On powering up go into the system BIOS and disable the wireless card, save the new settings and exit, see if the system boots and 3rd Shutdown, disconnect all power and physically remove the device from the computer.
Couple of Qs for you, what is the make and model of the computer and have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
The wireless switch is broken, The card is all ready removed (odd), and I can't get pass to the point to safe mode. Thanks for helping Mr. Phillpower2

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Based on the information in your profile here is a link to the user guide for your laptop; http://www.docs.sony...W200_series.pdf
The manual shows the computer has 2 network cards, a Lan and a Wifi so it is possible you have removed the Lan type.
Restart your computer whilst tapping the F2 key to get into the BIOS, navigate through the options until you find the wireless adapter, highlight it and press enter to disable it and then exit, press F10 to save and then Y to accept the changes, let us know how this goes.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Sorry sir for the confusion but this is my spare laptop the sony is broken. The one i ahve is the dv2910us

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Sorry sir for the confusion but this is my spare laptop the sony is broken. The one i ahve is the dv2910us

Ok you can get the manual from here http://www.retrevo.c...vo.jsp?page=man
See page 16 (3) it states you will get the issue you are having with a bad or incompatible wifi card fitted.
Follow the previous advice given regarding disabling or removing the wifi card, note the dv2910us also has
a Lan card fitted so again you may have removed the Lan and not the problem wifi card.

Advertisements

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I don't have a wwan card, due to the fact there is no sim card. Also I have tried to do the options in the bios.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Whoops Wrong Form

Edited by roadran, 27 February 2011 - 08:56 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

I don't have a wwan card, due to the fact there is no sim card. Also I have tried to do the options in the bios.

Running out of options here, what OS is on the HDD and do you have the boot or recovery disk/s.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Windows 7 on the os and I do.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Ok try a repair installation of W7, here is "how to" http://www.sevenforu...ir-install.html
Please make sure you follow the repair instructions so that you do not lose any data on the HDD, the idea is to restore the factory defaults so that the wireless network card would have to be reinstalled.