Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unsupport Wirless card (DV2910US)

• Please log in to reply

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Anything yet?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I don't have a wwan card, due to the fact there is no sim card. Also I have tried to do the options in the bios.

Are you certain you do not have a WIFI/NIC card, the specs here http://reviews.cnet....g=mncolBtm;rnav and the on screen error message suggest you do.
Do you have or can you loan an external USB HDD enclosure such as the one at the attached link;
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817392032
Try removing the HDD and powering up, let us know what happens, does the on screen message change etc.
If you have or can loan an external HDD enclosure first remove the present laptop HDD and attempt to back your data up to another computers HDD, 2nd change the boot sequence to USB 1st and then try connecting the enclosure to the dv2910us with the HDD in it, what happens and finally try the broken Sonys HDD in the enclosure, again what happens.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I don't have a external exclosure and I removed my hp and swapper also. And what is a wan card?

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Nvm I am sure there is no wwan card.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Nvm I am sure there is no wwan card.

The picture you provided in post #22 showing an exclamation mark next to Network Adapter in the BIOS and the laptop specs suggests that you do;

Telecom
Modem Fax / modem .Max Transfer Rate 56.0 Kbps .Networking
Networking Network adapter .Wireless LAN Supported Yes .Wireless NIC Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN .

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
So how do I remove it?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
In post #25 I asked;

Have you tried disabling the Network Adapter

and in post #26 you said;

Yes I have

How did you try disabling the Network Adapter?

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
There was an option to disable network booting?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

There was an option to disable network booting?

Select disable network booting, press F10 to save the settings and then Y to accept the changes, restart the computer, let us know what happens.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Still no leeway. :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
After doing more research I have found that the WIFI chip is embedded on the MB and cannot be removed;
http://www.intel.com..._n/overview.htm unfortunately if you cannot disable the device in the BIOS or clear the CMOS by removing the MBs battery to restore the factory defaults then you are looking at a new MB/laptop, sorry I cannot suggest anything different.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
No that can't be right. I removed my wifi card already? Also the cmos rest already tried. Well thanks anways :D

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts