Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrading my computer

• Please log in to reply

MarcusSkuL

MarcusSkuL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am also liking this case the XION Predator Gaming Series AXP 970-001BK. Will the motherboard fit?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,754 posts

Or how about this one GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard? I like the price and it has great reviews

Any X58 Mobo would be the wrong socket, (1366) For the 2500K CPU it must be a Socket 1155.

I think i will go with the motherboard mentioned earlier the Intel P67. What do you think?

Yes. A P67 Mobo gives you the most options for upgrading and the best bang for your bucks.

You will notice that sites have the Biostar and MSI boards available. They are still there because discerning buyers want a better board.

Your first choice for features is the Asus P8P67 Pro.

Your second choice for value. Worth high quality and features is the Asrock P67 Extreme 4. about $150. Almost as good as the Asus P8P67 pro @ $190.

Third choice. Asus P8P67. Not able to get a price.

Linkup of Asus boards. >
http://www.bjorn3d.c...ad.php?cID=1973

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,754 posts
Just got this link from another post. pdubz18 thinks it may be about $130ish

> http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813131682

MarcusSkuL

MarcusSkuL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok so I got everything I need and I put my computer together and it is running good, I have been working out kinks for like a week now. Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit is interesting.

One issue that I am having is both my optical drives are IDE not sata so does that mean I have to get a new optical drive or is there another option?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,754 posts
Great that you are up and going :D

Are your optical drives installed and working in your PC?

What Mobo did your buy?

When you get the time, it would be very helpful to update your profile with your current OS and system specs. Anyone who likes then build could than copy it.