Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

problem with windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hello G2go'rs

I have a problem with a windows 2000 machine. I don't have the disk so I have to try and figure things out by trial and error. The problem is it won't allow me to run malewarebyte or any other software that is installed. I can access internet explore but if I right-click it, it says "access to the specified device, path or file is denied". Also, the desplay settings are messed up. When I try to access it in the control panel it says access denied. I am under the administrators account and I am a power user. It won't allow me to run firefox either. I can't say for sure it is a virus but it may be the culprit. The online scanners will not go through because the machine won't allow it.

If anyone has had this type of problem please share your solution. If anyone has a possible solution please share

Thanks alot

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It may well be caused by a malware infection but you must post on the malware removal forum as we aren't allowed to help with malware here.
malware removal forum is here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

Pleas read the malware & spyware cleaning guide here before posting: http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 28 February 2011 - 05:50 AM.