Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with Lynksys EZXS55W

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hello there guys, im having a problem using my

Linksys EtherFast 10/100 5-Port Workgroup Switch EZXS55W Switch - 5 ports
You see i have 3 computers in my room and one laptop so i decided to test this linksys with 1pc and my laptop. i connected my internet wire to this device then i connected the 2 other internet wires, one wire for my pc and another one for my laptop (yellow wires) i don't know if you've ever used them anyway, so i checked everything the wires and the internet connection and the problem is that i get internet connection for my pc only but my laptop still with no internet connection now if you take a look at this device it has 3 lanes it goes like this:

Link/Act (green light)
100 (green light)
Full/Col (orange light)
POWER

my pc is connected to port1 and all the lights are on, my laptop is connected to port2 and all lights are one except for one the one in the middle the one called 100 is not one.
So basically there is something wrong going on with this device or one of the wires im using to provide internet to my laptop, the device i am using is this one right here Linksys
i hope you can tell me what's going on and how i can fix this little issue, thanks for your time and have a lovely week.

Edited by brady1988, 27 February 2011 - 09:45 PM.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
nvm i found the solution.