He said he was using the laptop and it just turned off in the middle of reading an article on MSN. He tried turning it back on and all you get is the splash screen followed by a blank screen. Here is what I tried so far:
1. Entered BIOS and verified that the HDD was detected - it was
2. Booted to UBCD and tried to run the Seagate tests - No HDD Found
3. Booted to WinTernals to see if HDD was detected - No HDD Found
4. Booted to UBCD4Win - No HDD Found
5. Booted to Puppy Linix - No HDD Found
He did tell me that he heard some clicking right before the laptop turned itself off, which leads me to believe he has the "click of death" and the HDD is dead. Did I miss anything or is the drive shot?
Edited by Spyderturbo007, 28 February 2011 - 09:58 AM.