Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very slow upload speed

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
I have 1 MB upload speed with my ISP, I've done multiple tests with Speedtest.net using different servers across the interactive map they have on there and I show 1MB upload as well with those. When I try to upload files to my dedicated server using Filezilla, I can only upload at 10k. It takes 30 minutes for a 100MB file! I have a 100MB port with this server but can't seem to get anywhere near 1MB upload. Is it Filezilla? Is there another FTP or file transfer software that is faster than filezilla? Anything I can do to help increase this?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1Mb upload? Are you sure? Most domestic packages are usually no more than 512k upload.
Who is your ISP/the people you go online with?

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

1Mb upload? Are you sure? Most domestic packages are usually no more than 512k upload.
Who is your ISP/the people you go online with?

Brighthouse. I have 10MBps d/l and 1MBps u/k...I'm actually calling them to upgrade to 20 d/l and 2 up

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
I upgraded :D

Posted Image