Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 bluetooth/card reader help

• Please log in to reply

m8dman

m8dman

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I just upgraded to Windows 7 64bit and I have a slight problem. My dell has a bluetooth module built into the card reader yet its not showing up in my devices. Does anyone know how to fix this? Do I need to download a bluetooth application?

Luckily my BT keyboard is still working.

*Edit* Looksl like windows 7 isn't detecting my media card reader ether.

Edited by m8dman, 28 February 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Did you check that Dell has all the necessary Windows 7 64-bit drivers for that PC before you upgraded?
If Dell don't support Windows 7 64-bit for that PC, or they have the drivers but you're not using them, you are bound to have driver problems.

m8dman

m8dman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Did you check that Dell has all the necessary Windows 7 64-bit drivers for that PC before you upgraded?
If Dell don't support Windows 7 64-bit for that PC, or they have the drivers but you're not using them, you are bound to have driver problems.

No the dell drivers I need don't support windows 7, is there a program I can use that will let windows recognize my bluetooth/card reader?

It's strange that windows isn't recognizing my blue tooth adapter/card reader, its listed in the windows 7 compatibility list.

Edited by m8dman, 01 March 2011 - 07:38 PM.

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Do you know what the model of the card reader/bluetooth device is? Check the Dell website for your specific PC model under the drivers section and download and install any drivers related to the devices having trouble, please post back results Posted Image

m8dman

m8dman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Do you know what the model of the card reader/bluetooth device is? Check the Dell website for your specific PC model under the drivers section and download and install any drivers related to the devices having trouble, please post back results Posted Image

The model number for the card reade/bluetooth device is CAB-2OO. I checked dells website but could only find drivers for vista? Would a 64 bit vista driver work?

I found a thread on sevenforums.com that said this would work.

Heres the thread.
http://www.sevenforu...th-drivers.html Should I try it?

Edited by m8dman, 02 March 2011 - 08:41 PM.

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I don't think there is any harm in trying. See if the Vista drivers resolve the issue, plus we can easily remove them if they don't work. I assume you have an antivirus? If your antivirus blocks the installation, please post back what it says. Hopefully this will work, good luck!