Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows unexpected shutdown message

• Please log in to reply

ArtOfShred87

ArtOfShred87

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
my laptop has been giving me problems latley first there was a I/O error that i still havent figured out and now i have been getting this message: computer recovered from unexpected shut down Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C052C8B0
BCP2: C0000185
BCP3: 22143820
BCP4: A5916F10
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022811-32417-01.dmp
C:\Users\JAM\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-8209786-0.sysdata.xml

Any idea what the problem might be? i recently did a system recovery to factory setting so i dont see why that problem is there, it wasnt for like the first week after the recovery then out of nowhere it started happening.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Any idea what the problem might be? i recently did a system recovery to factory setting

Hi AGAIN.
I could never really decide on your last thread, which you never came back to after my last post, if the restore to factory settings was from the Macrium backup or from a OEM DVD or from the recovery partition on the computer.

As I said last time if it was from the Macrium then of course, the problem that existed before, if it was a driver or imcompatible software would exist then.

It seems as though this is another post on basically the same problem UNLESS this is ANOTHER system recovery to factory settings from a known GOOD source.

Download Who Crashed. Click the analyse button and then copy and paste the analysis.
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

ArtOfShred87

ArtOfShred87

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi again macboatmaster yes this is another post on basically the same problem, i honestly completely forgot about the other post. ok i downloaded that whocrashed it program and it says crash dumps are disabled for my computer and it came up with 10 crash dumps all seem to be kernel data inpage errors.they also say that the system configuration may be incorrect and that the problem is possibly caused by another driver but that it cant be identified.

Crash dump directory: C:\windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are disabled for your computer.

On Mon 2/28/2011 3:26:54 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022811-32417-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: discache.sys (discache+0x3867)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC052C8B0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x22143820, 0xFFFFFFFFA5916F10)
Error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\discache.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: System Indexer/Cache Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2/28/2011 3:26:54 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: discache.sys (discache+0x3867)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC052C8B0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x22143820, 0xFFFFFFFFA5916F10)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2/27/2011 8:35:01 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022711-20311-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0xDEF20)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC04F1018, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x696B38C0, 0xFFFFFFFF9E203B46)
file path: C:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2/26/2011 11:03:56 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022611-21699-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC04EB070, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x78FD8C0, 0xFFFFFFFF9D60E008)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2/25/2011 9:37:46 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022511-25147-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC04C1018, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x3D1358C0, 0xFFFFFFFF98203000)

On Thu 2/24/2011 3:07:23 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022411-21902-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0xDCDFC)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC0496360, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x3FE48C0, 0xFFFFFFFF92C6C4F8)

On Wed 2/23/2011 12:49:45 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022311-28672-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x85A06)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC0530640, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x1E9248C0, 0xFFFFFFFFA60C8000)
file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver

On Wed 2/23/2011 2:22:37 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022211-26301-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ataport.sys (ataport+0x139E8)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC041B9E0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x11187860, 0xFFFFFFFF8373C9E8)
file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\ataport.sys
description: ATAPI Driver Extension

On Tue 2/22/2011 11:09:35 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\022211-26722-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC04F2728, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x6A10820, 0xFFFFFFFF9E4E56EE)

On Thu 2/17/2011 2:41:28 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\021611-36707-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: pcw.sys (pcw+0x5A98)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFFFFFC0440438, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x5FAC5860, 0xFFFFFFFF88087A98)
file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\pcw.sys
description: Performance Counters for Windows Driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 crash dumps have been found and analyzed.
Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

should crash dumps be enabled on my computer, if so how would i go about doing that?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/

Go to the link and run Pc Pitstop Overdrive please. you do not have to register you can run it anon. See the bottom of the link page pls.