Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow start up

• Please log in to reply

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
ok i will take the sims out....and try that....yes i had gotton a low disk space but then i ran ccleaner and it went away.... i am not aware of the hard drive capacity and more to the point the amount of free space.

i will do what u said now.

Advertisements

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
ok here is what u asked for....and now i am going to do the psa scan or what not....

cdrive.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Free space is not a problem from what I see as of at least 50% of the drive is still clear.
Lets try a different approach and maybe it will tell us of a hidden problem.

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Best Regards

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
well there was nothing that said error but here is what it did say....

drive 0: ST380013AS - pass

drive 1: no device
drive 2: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4481B diagnostics not supported
drive 3: no device

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
That drive 0 ST380013AS is a Seagate Barracuda 80Gb.
WHEN YOU HAVE DONE all that rshaffer61 has asked and that includes of course the results from the Pitstop overdrive test
Then unless he advises differently please run this
That free space warning on a hard drive that is only approx half full and the lack if it being seen before in Disk management and all the errors just raise a suspicion in my mind that every so often the requirment for the disk data to be read is not achieved.

This could be motherboard, ram or hard drive failure on a transient basis under load.
http://www.seagate.c...000dd04090aRCRD for windows. please.

The tutorial for running it is next to the download icon.
On the download click RUN

Edited by Macboatmaster, 04 March 2011 - 08:16 PM.

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
hey all i see is free test drive??

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

The above was from post 48 from rshaffer61 who asked for this on the Pc Pitsop results

hey all i see is free test drive??

This is your last.

Could you please try and give us a little more meaningful reply.

As a guess on your last try this - just in case that was what you meant
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/

HOWEVER ON THE LINK that was given to you it is OVERDRIVE free computer check - the first of the boxes below the main 1234 Free Test Drive window.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 04 March 2011 - 03:46 PM.

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
allright sorry for the delay but my computer froze up a few times and been having problems.....so i ran all the tests but when it was done it was not loged in to pcpitstop...or i dont think it was so i couldnt find a url address for u guys...sorry i dont know what the [bleep] i am doing...but i did take # snap shots if that helps or i would also be willing to giv one of u mods my password for pcpitstop site so maby you can find the results there??

also i am going to do what you told me to do now Macboatmaster.

pcmatic report.JPG

pcmatic report 2.JPG

pcreprt3.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the screenshots don't help as the info would have appeared with a link beside it to copy and paste here.
I'll wait till you have the other instructions done to try this again.

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
i am downloading segate right now and then will run it

Advertisements

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
error.JPG

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
well i was running seagate and this popped up....in the above post

shroomer51203

shroomer51203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
rshaffer61 do you want me to run the test again for pcmatic??

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am about to sign off it is 0150hrs.
However you could not ask to be in better hands as you have the moderator of this forum helping you

rshaffer61 - Goodnight.

strommer51203
I notice from your last screnshot that you have avg2011 installed if that is the full edition that includes AVG`s so called PC Tune Up2011 with its registry optimizer, registry defrag, registry rewrite, duplicate file finder and 280+ windows tweaks to make your computer go faster - I would not be at all surprised to find out that this is partly the cause of your problem. If what you HAVE does include this, just in case you are left on your own for a bit DO NOT uninstall it, you will lose the ability to restore what it has removed, tweaked, altered and whatever.

NB My obvious poor opinion of this software - the AVG Tune Up is MY OPINION and does not in any manner indicate the opinion of this site or anyone else.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 04 March 2011 - 07:57 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The point I want make is you look from your pic you are trying to run the hd diagnostic tool from within windows.
If you downloaded the correct version it would have been SeaTools Dos CD ISO which you would have burned to a cd using image burn or another iso burning program so that it would make the cd bootable.
Then you would reboot allowing the cd to run.
The hd diagnostic program would run outside of windows then in fact windows would never be started.