Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 98 SE

• Please log in to reply

pastprime

pastprime

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm a user in Italy, trying to get ahold of your "johnny rotten" whom I saw live, but your namesake undoubtably did not. Good user name, anyways.........and life immortal in the digital world.

Have a problem with shutdown and booting up in Win 98 SE. (don't ask, long story, can defend myself....).

SOMETIMES receive blue screen message on shutdown, translated from Italian:

Problem on shutdown : OE 0028:000FFF4.

No big deal, but a constant pain, need to manually shut down power. Then on reboot, come the C-scan, etc. etc. and the external modem for Telecom Italia ADSL then does not activate. Need to go behind computer, take out USB cable, reatttach, then it magically knows it's there and activates.

Important: I notice also that, when this problem occurs, my keyboard light (numbers: power) remains lit EVEN AFTER COMPLETE SHUTDOWN. Possible driver conflict (?) but can't find it.

All Win updates: done, scans of all types: done, reg checks: done. Norton AntiVirus: done, Adaware: done.

So tell me Mr. Rotten, what is OE 0028:000FFF4?

Please don't tell me to upgrade to XP! ( I hate that..........)

Thanks!
Past Prime

Advertisements