I had one of those days yesterday - I knocked over a cup of tea and it spilled onto my Compaq a900 keyboard. I pulled thepower plug, shut it down with the power switch, and pulled the battery. I disassembled to the keyboard and switch cover, battery out, hard drive out, mem chips and everything out, and dried the unit over a hot air vent for 24 hrs and re-assembled it. The battery is fully charged, and the pwr supply is putting out its rated voltage.
BUT there are no power lights at all. Not on the power connector, not on the case, and pushng the power button does nothing. I have tried a few of the witchcraft cures on the hp forum ( push power button for 30 secs, put battery back in, plug in ac cord, utter oaths, etc) to no avail. Where do I look from here?
Edited by FraidyMan, 03 March 2011 - 10:25 AM.