Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System stuck on continous logoff and restart

• Please log in to reply

pacer1

pacer1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys , I purchased Viper Antivirus Premium Unlimited Home Licence,and followed the download info.On completion the program when to the normal restart sequence, it shutdown and restarted and is now stuck in Shutdown Retart mode and it does not allow me sufficient time to activate anything if I could.
What steps are required to halt the process.
Barry

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

As soon as the PC restarts, immediately start tapping the F8 key continuously until the "Advanced Startup Options" screen appears.
Use the up/down arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" and press <Enter>, Windows should then start in Safe Mode after a long list of
file operations has finished flashing by. Safe Mode will look very odd compared to normal Windows so don't worry.
Now uninstall Viper Antivirus completely, then restart Windows. Hopefully Windows will run properly now.

As for Viper Antivirus, it seems not to be compatible with your system or with something that was already installed so you'll have to choose a different AV product. Presumably you didn't try the trial version before purchasing a licence?

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 04 March 2011 - 04:43 AM.

pacer1

pacer1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Phillip, thanks for that, I will carry out your instructions and will keep you posted. No I did not take the trial as my other 3 PC's were already on Vipre,and the odd one out had a security system that was due to expire so decided to have all on Vipre.
I will keep you posted
Regards
Barry

pacer1

pacer1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You the man Phillip, all sweet now,have uninstalled Vipre and also DAP Accelerator .Apparently Vipre And DAP don't mix especially at install time. I will reinstal Vipre later today. Thanks for your Knowledge.
Regards
Barry (Pacer1)